The CURT weight distribution hitch is a specialized towing system that provides improved vehicle and trailer control by leveling the trailer and more evenly distributing its tongue weight across the trailer’s and vehicle’s axles. Weight distribution hitches are commonly used on travel trailers and campers but can also be applied to other large loads. CURT WD hitches come with a 2″ x 2″ shank and are compatible with class 3, 4 and most 5 trailer hitches, including Extra Duty and Commercial Duty (2-1/2″ replacement WD shank may be required), as well as some RV trailer hitches. While a weight distribution hitch will increase the gross trailer weight capacity of most trailer hitches, the vehicle’s weight carrying capacity must be taken into consideration before towing a heavier trailer (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component).This round bar weight distribution hitch features a heavy-duty formed head and round spring bars constructed from forged steel. It offers a gross trailer weight capacity up to 10,000 lbs. and a tongue weight capacity of 1,000 lbs. It also includes hook-up brackets, spring bar safety chains, a trailer ball and a pin and clip. To protect this hitch from scratching, chipping, rust and UV damage, it also comes with a durable black powder coat finish. For added sway control, this weight distribution hitch includes a sway control unit. While weight distribution hitches are an effective solution for stabilizing and leveling out your towing rig, they should not be considered a sway control. However, when combined with a CURT sway control kit, the WD hitch maximizes its effectiveness in controlling sway. The sway control kit includes a sway control unit, trailer balls to attach to the trailer and hitch, a reinforcement plate and attachment clips.
- LEVEL TOWING. This weight distribution hitch offers a smoother ride and improved control by distributing the tongue weight of the trailer across the vehicle-trailer combination and leveling the load. It also includes a trailer sway control bar to further enhance driver control by resisting trailer sway.
- RELIABLE STRENGTH. This load-leveling hitch is constructed with a formed steel head and has 31-5/8-inch long forged steel spring bars. It is rated to tow 8,000 to 10,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 800 to 1,000 lbs. tongue weight.
- STANDARD FIT. To ensure maximum versatility, this stabilizer hitch comes with a highly adjustable 2-inch shank that fits virtually any industry-standard 2-inch trailer hitch receiver. It also includes a pre-torqued 2-5/16-inch trailer ball for ready coupling.
- CORROSION-RESISTANT. For long-lasting resilience to the elements, this weight distribution hitch is covered in a durable carbide black powder coat finish.
- EASY SETUP. This CURT weight distribution hitch comes with snap-up brackets for mounting onto the trailer frame and a lift handle for improved leverage. It is also easily adjustable to accommodate various vehicles and trailers.
There are no reviews yet.